This domain of study covers themes relating to the fundamental knowledge needed to describe and discuss complex systems. This is the foundation for all other Knowledge Management practice.
Expected competencies after study of themes within this domain are:
- Understanding of the core concept of system complexity
- Understanding the basic interaction loop of knowledge systems
- Able to describe and diagnose systemic problem solving patterns in use
- Able to describe and set organisational knowledge management objectives
- Understanding of types of KM interventions, and structures for implementing KM interventions
- Knowledge of examples of KM interventions and how to evaluate their success
- A.1 Systems and Complexity
- A.2 Knowledge systems
- A.3 Problem solving patterns
- A.4 Knowledge Management objectives
- A.5 Knowledge Management interventions
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.