From Open KM Syllabus
This theme provides learners with an understanding of key definitions of knowledge systems.
Expected competencies after study of this theme are:
- Able to describe components of a knowledge system
- Understanding of definitions of information, knowledge, and action in the domain of Knowledge Management
- Able to articulate strategies for reconciling layperson and KM definitions
- Understanding of the Williams AKI model
- Exploration of strengths and weaknesses of AKI model and alternative knowledge models
- What is a knowledge system?
- Defining information, knowledge and action
- Williams AKI model